A leading infrastructure contractor is looking for a Senior Procurement Lead to implement a procurement strategy for a major nuclear project, you will:
- Create and deploy the procurement strategy for a major nuclear project
- Lead and develop a medium sized project procurement team
- Lead end to end subcontract procurement for major packages
- Support commercial teams with advice and guidance on subcontractor procurement strategies
- Create procurement plans and write recommendation reports for approval
- Deliver senior internal stakeholder requirements
- Present to and gain procurement approvals from the client
Leading the procurement for a £700m major infrastructure project for the MOD.
The project comprises of mainly heavy civils, mechanical, electrical and instrumentation, together with the construction of new buildings.
The project will run until end of 2027, and our client has a 10-15 year strategy to manage similar projects in the region.
This long term presence in the region is ideal for local candidates who are currently travelling further afield, subsistence is also available for candidates who are not locally based.
You will be supporting a 50+ commercial team on this project, the QS' write the scope and produce the subcontractor NEC4 contracts. Procurement’s role is a mixture of reviewing contracts, offering advice and guidance on strategy and leading some of the major package negotiations.
Our client is looking for candidates with 10+ years subcontract procurement experience working for a top 20 main contractor, managing infrastructure projects.
You will have a track record of setting and delivering project procurement strategies for £100m+ major infrastructure projects.
You will also have good experience of writing recommendation reports and presenting to clients.
You must have experience of NEC 3 or 4 contracts, any nuclear experience is beneficial however not essential.
BPSS security clearance will be required, however it is not essential before joining.
Should you wish to discuss your fit to these candidate requirements please contact the vacancy manager and quote the assignment reference number under the job title.
Why not share this vacancy so they don't miss out.