A leading engineering contractor is looking for a Category Manager to manage the end to end category management process for a portfolio of direct materials, you will:
– Develop the category strategy, analyse the market, plan demand
– Write and present recommendation reports, influencing internal stakeholders
– Deliver the strategic sourcing process from RFI, RFP, negotiation, recommendation to award
– Deliver contract / performance improvement and supplier relationship management objectives
– Achieve savings, rebates and compliance targets
Various direct engineering based materials, including mechanical, electrical and instrumentation
Our client is looking for a strategic procurement professional who has a good understanding of the category management process.
You will be working for a large complex company from any industry, with strong negotiation and stakeholder management experience.
Ideally you will be working as a Category / Sourcing Manager however our client is also happy to look at Category / Sourcing / Strategic Buyers who are looking for progression as full support is provided with devising the category strategy.
We’re all about going the extra mile and adding value to our customers, we support our candidate network with the following services.
Our Consultants are aligned to a specific job function group nationally, they help candidates across all experience levels from Assistants through to department Heads and Directors.